This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Aupair Car Insurance - Where to get quotes

(9 Posts)
pappuyogs Fri 08-Jul-16 15:48:50

Hi, we have recently recruited a 20 year old Aupair from Spain who has full Spanish license.

We currently have one car which is insured with Admiral and we are looking to get an insurance for our Aupair on the same car. I have looked around the internet but there are no companies advertising for Aupair insurance including Admiral. I would like to get some quotes, so I wondered if any of you could point to me as to how I could get these quotes. Also, does our Aupair have to be on the same insurance as I am?

Cindy34 Fri 08-Jul-16 16:57:09

Ask you current provider as they may have a multi-user discount.
I think Tesco has been mentioned before on here as doing reasonable quotes, though expect it will be really variable as insurance is always variable.

pappuyogs Fri 08-Jul-16 18:44:09

Thanks Cindy, will check with them

nothingtoadd Fri 08-Jul-16 19:05:39

I started a thread about this on weds - thinking apmaybe a scooter would be a good idea. We're with Admiral and were quoted about 1.8k pa for 3rd party fire and theft on an old micra. shock

Karoleann Sat 09-Jul-16 07:53:11

Admiral multicar are usually the cheapest.
I also think you're in for a shock - under 22s are really expensive to insure.

starving Sun 10-Jul-16 22:04:08

I insure 20yr old dd with direct line as additional driver on my policy. No idea if that is different for au pair though. My insurance was around £200 for me alone and £500 ish when I added dd.

venys Mon 11-Jul-16 20:39:16

You just ask current insurer price to add a driver (not specific to a nanny or au pair). We paid around £60 for our 42 year old nanny for 5 months with Elephant (subsidiary of Admiral). A 20 year old with no British driving history will be more expensive though.

nottoallyenjoyingit Sat 13-Aug-16 19:50:21

We went with admiral multicar- you need to make it clear at the start of the call you also want to insure an au pair and I think they had a special team/advisor. We pay circa £160/month for three cars including the au pairs car (£200 cosmetically challenged car- she doesn't drive the children and pays her own petrol- the car is for her to travel at the weekends and get to language school as we love very rurally!)

microscope Sun 14-Aug-16 19:30:15

Is she here yet or can you back out? I'm sure Karoleann will be along soon as she knows a lot about this, but I gather that insuring under 25's is punitively pricey and you shouldn't recruit that age group if you need them to drive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now