This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How long does it take to find an au pair?

(4 Posts)
Fairuza Thu 23-Jun-16 20:29:35

Using au pair world?
We are in a semi-rural area, not exciting/near London etc. I want someone to come in October half term.

Karoleann Thu 23-Jun-16 21:48:06

It completely depends - who do you need?
If you're happy with a intermediate speaker, 18/19yo, non-driver and offering a decent pocket money package with school age children for 25hrs/week then 2 months will be enough to get someone with checked, less if they already have a police check done and you'll have enough applicants.

If not, you'll need longer.

Fairuza Thu 23-Jun-16 22:52:30

Happy with an 18/19 year old, needs to speak ok English, one school age child, one under school age and about 25 hours. Maybe I should start looking soon-ish then?

Lonecatwithkitten Fri 24-Jun-16 07:41:36

I has good harder to find good quality candidates over the last 2 years and I suspect it will get harder now. I would start looking now. I would also consider if you are semi-rural and are having a non-driver how your AP can make friends in your area as not making friends is one of the biggest reasons they leave early.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now