This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Best place to find an au pair?

(5 Posts)
StandoutMop Sun 19-Jun-16 19:09:10

Any tips on how to recruit our first au pair? Am complete novice with no family or friends who have used an au pair either.

And is it remotely possible to find someone to start September, or is it too late?

StandoutMop Mon 20-Jun-16 21:48:23

Bump...

booboobeedoo Tue 21-Jun-16 13:58:00

Au Pair world. Not too late.

Jenni363 Sun 26-Jun-16 18:51:50

Whatever you do, avoid BusyBees Aupairs at any cost... They sent us a horrid candidate who left 5 weeks later.. We ended up with no replacement and £700 out of pocket!

Sezramum Sat 02-Jul-16 21:52:48

I used Au Pair World and found it all very straightforward.

I read lots of threads on here and looked at family profiles on APW before creating my own.

I was very clear what we were looking for and what we were offering in return. We were not inundated with applicants but certainly had enough to choose from.

Once we had made a shortlist, I arranged a Skype chat with our favorite and after that I did not need to look any further. She provided references and obtained a police check for us.

I used a sample contract on APW to draw up our agreement so that everything was clear for both of us. It also reassured her I think to see everything written out formally. We agreed a start date and then she booked her flights.

She has now been here one month and so far all is going really well!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now