This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Sitters.co.uk? Or something similar?

(8 Posts)
drspouse Thu 02-Jun-16 10:40:26

We're going on holiday and it's DH's birthday while we're away, and I wanted to book a nice evening out with a babysitter.

Is Sitters.co.uk the best to go for for this type of thing? They have a few babysitters in the area we're staying in. Or are there some alternatives?

I've used childcare.co.uk to find a regular babysitter at home but the back and forth finding one that could do the hours/days we needed was a big pain and this seems simpler for a one off.

Fortunately our DC1 is quite amenable to new fun people and our DC2 tends to be OK if big brother is there though she's a bit slower to warm up to new people.

lovelynannytobe Thu 02-Jun-16 17:22:13

I'd go with sitters.

drspouse Fri 03-Jun-16 10:19:59

Assuming your username is descriptive, that's v helpful!

lovelynannytobe Fri 03-Jun-16 15:24:42

I have 3 school aged children and like to go away sometimes with my oh. It's the only babysitting agency that travels with us. I've always been able to get a sitter to come to the hotel room so we could enjoy our evening as a couple.
I don't really use it at home since I have a good network of friends and we swap. But I do get babysitting work through them myself since I work in childcare. I see both sides and I think their price structure is fair. I was very thoroughly vetted before I was accepted as their sitter.

fishfacedcow Fri 03-Jun-16 15:28:35

I'm a sitters.com sitter. I'm also a registered childminder.

I live in an area that has a huge tourist influx. To put it bluntly....there is no cost effective way I could advertise to holidaymakers. Sitters do all the hard work for me by finding the clients. I do the easy bit. I love sitting for holidaymakers and i always try to make it special for the children (those that are awake) because its their holiday too.

eastmidswarwicknightnanny Sat 04-Jun-16 18:31:32

That's lovely fishface.

Drspouse you could see if the hotel has a babysitter they would recommend also

drspouse Sat 04-Jun-16 18:54:45

We're staying in a flat (not up to sharing a room with the DCs for 2 weeks!)

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 05-Jun-16 17:01:29

Sitters or google nanny agencies in the area you will be and ring them and sure they will find you a nanny who wants to earn some extra money

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now