This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ad hoc childcare

(12 Posts)
fanofthevoid Fri 27-May-16 18:41:37

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Blondeshavemorefun Fri 27-May-16 20:44:39

Most agencies will get paid once they find you a babysitter /nanny

Are you anywhere near the KENT border ?

I'm rubbish when geography 😂

If not then think nutkins is Essex based or try sitters

blublutoo Fri 27-May-16 20:50:36

Have you looked on childcare.co.uk?
I find all my ad hoc work on there. As a parent, you can create a profile for free and search other nannies, when you've found a few you like, you can pay a very small fee to get the gold membership to get their contact details.

ilove Fri 27-May-16 20:56:21

Sitters.co.uk - you register, then can search folk in your area, then when you book you pay a small fee and then pay the babysitter on the day in cash

lovelynannytobe Sat 28-May-16 00:08:51

I second sitters.co.uk . I often get babysitting jobs through them and 90% is repeat bookings. Their price scheme is fair I think.

fanofthevoid Sat 28-May-16 07:13:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AdHocElla Mon 13-Jun-16 15:39:45

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

foolonthehill Tue 14-Jun-16 13:01:51

also look at your local council website...they should have a list of childcare providers registered by Ofsted, the profiles would show whether they do occasional babysitting or ad hoc nannying.

(would probably be labelled Family Information Service or something similar)

WickedGirl Tue 14-Jun-16 21:02:29

Depending on where in Essex, I may be able to help

I am a qualified and very experienced nanny

Feel free to message me

Melinda76 Wed 15-Jun-16 18:02:58

Hi I'm also in Essex and may be able to help. Feel free to message me if you want more information about me smile

venys Wed 15-Jun-16 19:19:38

Also try emergenchildcare.co.uk - they have a trial membership and subcontract to a local agency. We've used them twice and been pleased with the sitters.

venys Wed 15-Jun-16 19:20:07

Sorry that was emergencychildcare.co.uk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now