This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Awful experience with Asquith Nannies

(6 Posts)
Brano Sun 22-May-16 22:17:43

After paying a £500 'placement fee' they delivered me only a handful of nanny profiles - some of whom had only worked in their nurseries and had no actual nannying experience (a minimum requirement one would have thought!). Weeks would go by without any further profiles coming through. Several nannies of interest dropped out of the process and with only two weeks until I returned to work the only nanny left in the process was reallocated to another family they viewed as having a greater need.

Stressed and in desperate need of childcare I was left with no option but to employ a temporary nanny and write off the £500. When I complained I was told that they only ever committed to providing 3 nanny profiles – a blatant lie that was never stated in any dealings with them. I would certainly never have signed up to such an arrangement. With hindsight, however, it was a lucky escape. With a three month notice period, barely any available nannies and an exorbitant hourly rate of £16.50 - a premium nanny service it is not...AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!

CopperPot Sun 22-May-16 22:20:20

Can't believe anyone would pay £500 before even booking anyone it seeing anyone! That's extortion surely

Cindy34 Sun 22-May-16 22:58:33

Is this the nanny nursery combo thing? I have wondered how that works. Did you ever find out how it would have worked if you did find a nanny via them... Would the nanny be at your home for some of the day then at nursery then back at your home in the evening?

£16.50 sounds high but they employ the nanny not you, so harder to compare against what you would directly pay a nanny. Was it lower cost whilst children were at nursery?

Karoleann Sun 22-May-16 23:08:39

to be fair they do say on their website that the 'nannies' will have worked in their nurseries before, there is no mention of them having previous nanny experience.

but i don't really get it, why would you want to pay £16.50/hr for an inexperienced nanny. why not just get a part-time nanny and then have the other days at nursery?

Yerazig Mon 23-May-16 06:49:36

As a nanny It seems a very interesting combo and you get a mix of working in the nursery and nannying. But when I looked into it the pay is below a nanny's average wage (well in London). So yes the people you are being sent as you've mentioned yourself probably wouldn't have any nannying experience to expect that low wage.

Cindy34 Thu 26-May-16 06:40:48

Would parents pay £16.50 an hour whilst children are at nursery? If you had 4 children that could be a reasonable deal.
Love to know how this actually works... anyone currently have an Asquith Nanny?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now