This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Supporting Au Pair to make friends in Oxford - Help please!

(6 Posts)
Sezramum Mon 09-May-16 13:22:18

Apologies if this is not the best place to post but my local board seems very quiet.

My Au Pair arrives soon and I would like to help her to make friends or start networking with other Au Pairs in and around Oxford.

I have done a bit of a google but I am at a bit of a loss! Are there any families with Au pairs in the Oxford/shire area that have any suggestions of how I can help her meet others?

She will be attending language classes which I am sure will help but any other suggestions will be gratefully received!

Catinthecorner Mon 09-May-16 13:26:59

Have you gone through an agency? Perhaps they will be able to provide some contacts for her?

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Mon 09-May-16 13:29:32

There are various Facebook groups for au pairs so I'd suggest she join some of them.

Oxford is big enough and middle class enough that there will be at least one established Facebook group.

You could also try meetup.com

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Mon 09-May-16 13:30:50

Half a second search on fb yielded this: www.facebook.com/groups/295644747163929/

Sezramum Mon 09-May-16 13:50:11

Thank you, I just found the group. I had googled but not searched on Facebook!

MovingOnUpMovingOnOut Mon 09-May-16 14:03:16

Google's often not much cop for Facebook groups.

I only knew where to look because it's what our first au pair suggested smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now