This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Pay rise

(8 Posts)
vinoandbrie Sun 17-Apr-16 21:31:53

We have a great nanny who has been with us a year. In terms of pay rise, what is the norm in terms of %? We are not London-based.

TIA.

Cindy34 Sun 17-Apr-16 22:47:46

There is no norm. Inflation is low, in some jobs people have not had a pay rise for years.
Your costs may be increasing with pension contributions starting. A raise is bound to be appreciated but only you can decide to give one based on your financial situation and your nanny's performance.

vinoandbrie Tue 19-Apr-16 19:17:15

Right, well I'll just go with what I was thinking then, as there's no norm.

nannyafrica Tue 19-Apr-16 21:33:30

Well, I have just had a 5% increase !!!! it's so nice to feel appreciated.

vinoandbrie Tue 19-Apr-16 22:28:56

Good one, thanks for sharing, 😀

Callaird Wed 20-Apr-16 12:06:03

I've just had a 5% pay rise too. My bosses didn't get a pay rise although they both got year end bonuses. I wasn't expecting it but I'm obviously very happy and as mannyafrica says, extremely appreciated!

vinoandbrie Wed 20-Apr-16 18:40:16

Great, thank you for sharing, really very helpful. We started our nanny at a rate whereby we still had 'somewhere to go' in terms of salary at this one year mark if all had gone well, in terms of a raise for her.

nbee84 Wed 20-Apr-16 19:00:53

I got 4% my first 2 years with current family and 6% this year as there's now a 3rd child. Definitely pleased to get any pay rise in the current economic climate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now