This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How much do you pay your nanny (live out London)

(10 Posts)
Annie105 Sun 27-Mar-16 11:34:32

Hi there I was wondering if people could give me an idea on how much you pay your nanny and if you now have to pay towards a pension?

I live in Islington.

Thanks

Between £11-£15 ph gross

I work as a nanny (in Islington) and am on £11ph gross for one family and £12ph gross for another (I do 3 days with one and 2 with the other)

A nanny friend of mine is on £15ph gross also In Islington

this is a helpful page regarding the pensions

It's not something I've actually sorted or asked my employers to contribute to for various reasons

Annie105 Sun 27-Mar-16 16:42:38

Hi Lego most helpful thanks. Could I also ask you where have you gone about finding your existing roles through an agency or gumtree, childcare website? Thanks

nannynick Sun 27-Mar-16 17:04:51

If you are a new employer, pension contributions would not start until November 2017 assuming you are starting to employ someone in the next few months.

I would look on NannyJob, Childcare and a local agency. I'm not in Islington area though, so maybe that makes a difference for where to look.

I used Childcare.co.uk a few years ago and have found a few bits over the last couple of years but I'm falling out of love with it as it is saturated with nannies ( so parents are reviewing hundreds of profiles when they search and I feel like it's easy to get lost in the crowd!) and unfinished profiles so youve no idea what people want.

Since Gumtree started charging for ads I find there's not a huge amount on there (but for a parent looking it's perfect iygwim)

I haven't used any agencies for a few years...just wasn't getting much from them as they had so many nannies on their books- but again, probably perfect for parents looking!

I found both my current positions through word of mouth-definitely worth talking to anyone you know who has a nanny or nannies at groups etc as we normally have a friend or two hunting for work

Annie105 Mon 28-Mar-16 11:52:49

Thanks Lego and Nanny nick this is all really helpful. It's a bit of a maze for me!!

Pm my if you need anymore help-I've lived in Islington all my life until 3y ago and nannies there for 10y so I know the ins and outs wink

But anything involving contracts, pay etc, NannyNicks your man!

Annie105 Tue 29-Mar-16 19:10:01

Thanks that's really kind!!

RoseDeWittBukater Tue 29-Mar-16 19:11:52

We pay £8ph net, but we worked out the gross that was and our contract is signed on the gross amount. We're not London but are Home Counties and we found our nanny on childcare.co.uk. Highly recommended!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now