This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

childminders and your registers

(7 Posts)
JeanGenie23 Wed 16-Mar-16 10:02:16

Hello I just wanted to ask some childminders because I feel like I am going round in circles.

Do you ask your parent to sign the register after each day/week/month/when the page is full?

My register is full and I found one in my draw that I made up in 2013 but I am pretty certain guidelines have changed and parents need to sign daily but I can't find where I may have read this. Can anyone shed any light on the matter?

NickNacks Wed 16-Mar-16 10:05:14

No it's not a requirement and no I don't get them to sign it. I think Pacey advise you do in case of disputes though but it's definitely not a ofsted requirement.

JeanGenie23 Wed 16-Mar-16 10:06:44

Thanks for such a quick response NickNacks!

NickNacks Wed 16-Mar-16 10:08:17

I'm off sick today, tonsillitis, so have nothing else to do grin

HSMMaCM Wed 16-Mar-16 12:40:06

I agree. Signatures are a nice to have and can be used in payment disputes, but I don't get mine signed.

longdiling Wed 16-Mar-16 12:42:32

Another one who's never had them signed here. I'm in Wales but when I was last inspected they focused on my paperwork and this wasn't an issue. And she found plenty of other issues so she was very thorough!

JeanGenie23 Wed 16-Mar-16 12:55:39

Ok thank you!

I will stick to usual method of signing per week. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now