This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Child order

(3 Posts)
Jadexlx Tue 08-Mar-16 13:51:36

Hi me and my ex have recently split up . He works shift work so I've always worked weekends so we haven't had to rely on family to have our son... He goes to nursery two half days a week . This last week I've tryed to arrange set days with him to have our son but now he wants to change the days every week what I can not do as I will be messing my work around he wants me to work Monday to Friday without any help financially . I can't work Monday to friday unless I put our son in nursery what would cost 700 a month . Refusing to help with the fees ... I think it's only fair if I have out son Monday / Friday he should have him sat and Sunday so I can work but he only what's that every other weekend on a sat and just have him when he can threw week ? Where would I stand if I went to court over this ?

Karoleann Wed 09-Mar-16 21:03:34

I think you may be better posting in legal matters.

MLGs Wed 23-Mar-16 22:32:01

I'm not speaking from any actual experience of family courts, but I think it might be recommended that you go through mediation rather than to court in the first instance to help you talk things through and come to an agreement. This could include discussing how any nursery would be funded.

I do think that ultimately a court would go for something more concrete that "when he can" in the week though, even if the days aren't the same every week there should be a predictable system to it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now