This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Summer Au-pair vs Holiday Clubs

(3 Posts)
ScandiCinnamon Tue 01-Mar-16 10:53:42

Anyone out there with experience of taking on an au-pair for a few weeks over summer? We have two DC's, 6 & 7. Up to last autumn we had live in au pairs for 4 years, but then I shifted my PT hours around so OH drops to school and I pick up. Now with the long summer holiday coming up we realise we need a plan. We might be able to send DC's off to MIL & PIL for a week or maybe at a push even two, but need a plan in place. So debating between a couple of weeks of holiday clubs (but the cost seems crippling for two DC's shock ) or taking on a summer au pair.

blublutoo Fri 04-Mar-16 13:01:11

I think since your children are used to au pairs then I would go for that option. It's cheaper and more flexible in regards to what the children can do.

venys Fri 04-Mar-16 17:41:21

I have used temporary nannies for school holidays with me in tow as one child needs 1:1 in many cases. Look for students of Childcare, or people in nursery type settings that are term time only. Last year I got a very experienced supply teacher who was starting a permanent position in September, plus teacher's teenage children waiting to start university.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now