This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminders, what do you have in your gardens?

(5 Posts)
longdiling Wed 24-Feb-16 10:35:49

I am fortunate enough to have moved last summer to somewhere with a nice big garden. Last year was spent just getting on top of the wilderness but this year I want to throw a bit of money at it and put some nice play equipment out there. What do you guys have that works well with a mix of children from toddler to late primary school age?

I do have a sand pit/water table/trikes etc and a goal. I also have a trampoline that's currently out of commission as the spring covers need replacing.

HSMMaCM Wed 24-Feb-16 10:46:52

Lots of hoops and balls. Tarpaulin that can be made into a tent easily. A shed play house. Outdoor kitchen. Bikes. Tunnels. Grass paint can be fun. Blackboard and chalks a climbing wall. I got rid of ropes and swings after some lack of consideration for others. We use swings at parks and ropes on days out (or for building dens in forests with the aforementioned tarpaulin). A planting area. Some old tyres. Ummm. Trying to think what else is out there. Currently being boring while baby gets off to sleep.

longdiling Wed 24-Feb-16 10:57:06

Oh thanks, I wouldn't have thought of some of those at all! I wonder if I could do a willow tunnel...

hookiewookie29 Fri 26-Feb-16 22:52:32

swings......deffo a fave with the older children.

carawayseed77 Fri 17-Jun-16 17:00:48

Do take a look at the Communityplaythings outdoor range! Their wooden hollow building blocks are incredible - all you need, really. It's called "Outlast" and not cheap, but as the name says, lasts forever - outdoors. And the children can use it to build kitchens, shops, cars, climbing towers...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now