This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How to find a childminder?

(6 Posts)
Cathays Fri 05-Feb-16 12:26:52

I live in a rural area (Powys/Herefordshire border) and am looking for ideally a childminder, or perhaps a nursery, for my 12 month old. I don't have a lot of time to go to local groups to make contacts as I am working from home whilst looking after my son at the moment, are there any good websites that might help?

Thanks!

Cindy34 Fri 05-Feb-16 12:30:51

Start with your local council, it may be county council. Google: family information service yourtown
They will have a list of registered childminders.
If possible narrow down that list by distance. Then contact them and ask about vacancies and fees.

Cindy34 Fri 05-Feb-16 12:33:13

http://earlyyears.herefordshire.gov.uk/Search.aspx?searchID=4

Cindy34 Fri 05-Feb-16 12:34:13

Any local village shop? A advert there may get you someone local, or you may see childminders advertising.

ElleGrace Fri 05-Feb-16 20:28:56

childcare.co.uk is a fantastic site. Has reviews, ratings and loads of space for childminders to put information about themselves. I get most of my work from there.
Good luck!

OscarAndOwl Mon 08-Feb-16 18:26:07

We just wrote a blog about finding a babysitter without an agency: oscarandowl.com/home/findingandhiringababysitter/ hope it helps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now