This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Where to look for a temporary nanny

(3 Posts)
CurlJunkie Sun 24-Jan-16 16:35:56

I was treated for breast cancer in November, I had a mastectomy & my husband took December off work to look after our three young dc's. Now, 8 weeks on & I've unexpectedly been diagnosed with bowel cancer.

We've decided we need a temporary nanny for roughly 2 months while I'm in hospital & then home recovering as we can't afford for my husband to be off work again.

Where's the best place to find a nanny? Should I be thinking more of an au pair? This is not something I've ever had to do before so any advice would be most welcome.

nannynick Sun 24-Jan-16 16:52:56

Nanny Agency, NannyJob.co.uk, Childcare.co.uk, any local ads board.

Depends on the children's ages... an an-pair might work if the children are all school age and go to a holiday club at half term and Easter.

Probably best to stick to finding a temporary nanny who is experienced and can come in and take over with whatever needs to be done... they may even do some household tasks as well such as children's laundry and bedding.

CurlJunkie Sun 24-Jan-16 17:28:30

They are 3, 5, & 8. So two are at school & one at pre-school. My husband is off at half term as we were going to go away but probably not now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now