This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

how much for these additional hours

(6 Posts)
ichangedmymindagain Fri 08-Jan-16 12:44:41

Hi , I work as a nanny and my employers are going away and they have asked me to have their children from Thursday to Sunday eve . My normal week wouldn't usually include a Friday so this would be additional to .
It's been a few years since I have done weekend work and I'm not sure of the rates nanny's charge for these additional hrs .
. I want to be fair but it is my whole weekend I will be giving up . I do have an overtime rate in my contact but this will work out so much for them or am I selling myself short by wanting to charge them less
. Ideas please and what parents think they would pay . The children are unlikely to wake at night so I'm happy to do a flat rate for the overnights .

SecretSpy Fri 08-Jan-16 12:47:52

Surely that's what your overtime rate is for? Also surely that's what they'll expect to pay.

As an employee you don't get to set your rate, you have an agreed contract. Have they asked to negotiate?

ichangedmymindagain Fri 08-Jan-16 13:11:05

No they haven't asked to negotiate,just asking before I send her my calculations .

Littlef00t Fri 08-Jan-16 18:18:48

I'd just confirm the rate as stated in your contract. If they want to negotiate, that's up to them.

ImNotChangingMyUsernameAgain Sat 09-Jan-16 14:29:05

I'd expect to pay normal hourly rates for Friday/Saturday/Sunday plus £50 per overnight to cover when the kids are asleep. So at least £500.

nannynick Sat 09-Jan-16 16:26:36

If the children are expected to remain asleep 11pm to 6am, I would say you could do a fixed rate for that time period, such as £50. The rest of the time is at your usual salary, evening could be at overtime rate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now