This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childcare agency with a difference

(12 Posts)
Delph123 Thu 24-Dec-15 16:51:43

Has anyone heard of an agency called Role Models? They are based in SW London and offer ad hoc and part time care with a focus on encouraging your child's creativity be it drawing, painting, singing, drama, sport etc. They are not cheap and I assume it's because they provide carers who'll not just look after your children but will focus on interacting with them creatively. I'm thinking of using their services, they are fairly new agency, would anyone recommend them or steer clear?

Thanks v much for your help!
Mumsnet newbie :-)

littleladyluna Fri 25-Dec-15 18:24:41

I'm a nanny, and was approached by them as I have some specific skills. They sounded good, and were thorough in their questions. I got a permanent job though, and didn't need ad hoc work, but they seem reputable.

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 26-Dec-15 16:08:10

Do they not supply full time nannies?

In the end join one or two agencies and you only pay their fee if they find you a nanny so I don't see the harm in contacting them. Ie nothing to lose

Duckdeamon Sat 26-Dec-15 16:26:49

It seems hard to get ad hoc nanny care with any continuity at all (eg sitters can't make a booking for more than one day, so for example you could have three people for three days) that doesn't cost the earth!

since most FT or PT nannies want regular hours perhaps their business model could be to recruit people who do other jobs with irregular hours/employment eg in creative industries or sport?

The "creative" stuff wouldn't be a particular plus for me, especially if we had to provide the stuff needed!

HanSolo Sat 26-Dec-15 16:31:00

Surely getting ad hoc childcare that could continue child's schedule as usual is more important? So i.e. supper, homework, music practice, bed.

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 26-Dec-15 17:13:41

True if temp or ad hoc I would be grateful for a nanny - wouldn't be bothered about extras

Duckdeamon Sat 26-Dec-15 17:23:38

Yes, we just want someone kind, attentive and competent!

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 26-Dec-15 17:59:45

when you say not cheap op, what do they cost?

Delph123 Sat 26-Dec-15 21:45:46

Thanks everyone for replying, they charge £15 per hour plus £16 a month membership fee, for non-members it's £15 per hour plus £20 booking fee per session, a lot more than say Sitters or Like Minders. Agree that most people would be looking for a babysitter who would just continue their child's routine, maybe they are more suited to older children looking to develop a particular skill. I'm still thinking about it but may have to win the lottery to use their services on a regular basis.

Blondeshavemorefun Sat 26-Dec-15 21:49:19

Does the nanny get £15ph. If so and its gross then tbh that's not that bad for temp ad hoc care as likely the nannies are se so need to pay tax and ni out of that

And the £20 a day booking fee again normal for temps - sure my agency charges that for me for ad hoc /temp work

JaQline Mon 28-Dec-15 13:48:42

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Piratespoo Wed 06-Jan-16 19:30:11

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now