This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Xmas gift or bonus for nanny?

(9 Posts)
eurochick Sun 06-Dec-15 20:08:13

This is our first Christmas having a nanny. She's very good and our daughter loves her. So we were thinking of quite a good Xmas gift/bonus. Probably fizz plus cash. But how much?

I'd love to get an idea of what is usual to see if the figure I have in mind is way out.

wtffgs Sun 06-Dec-15 20:09:11

Fizz and bonus sounds great!

Luckygirlcharlie Sun 06-Dec-15 21:00:27

There's a thread a bit further down from last week on this too. The norm seems to be a week's salary and a thoughtful present. For a good one! I've bought outs around £150 worth of things I know she'll like and wouldn't buy herself. Plus bonus. If the kids are old enough maybe they can choose something too.

eurochick Sun 06-Dec-15 21:41:00

Thanks. I scanned down a bit but didn't spot that thread. The amount we have in mind is about a week's pay so it sounds like we are on the right track.

Callaird Mon 07-Dec-15 13:57:44

previous thread

There is no usual, unfortunately!

I've been a nanny for 29 years, I have had a cuddly Eeyore (no interest in cuddly toys or Winnie the Pooh beyond reading the stories to my charges) and a huge winter coat (I don't feel the cold and have never owned a coat other than a ski jacket or two, I never wore it and my dad ended up with it!) to well thought out gifts of a expensive camera (I love photography!) my beautiful Kitchenaid and beautiful pieces of jewellery.

I have had bonus' of £20 to a month wages. Very grateful for all I receive but life the ones the children pick out (with a little guidance from mum!) and still wear the ring my second charges chose at 3 1/2 and 2 1/2 and the eldest was 30 last month!!

Callaird Mon 07-Dec-15 13:59:21

but love the ones the children pick out

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 07-Dec-15 14:43:52

Varies but many like myself get a weeks wages and small gifts

But also know nannies who haven't had a bonus - and one didn't even get a Christmas card let alone pressie and she got 2 children nice stuff

One doesn't give to receive but I expect a card at the very least !!!!

ProjectPerfect Mon 07-Dec-15 14:51:41

I give a Christmas gift, probably spend about £150.

Bonus is paid annually after each full year and is performance related. In our house that is usually one month salary.

eurochick Tue 08-Dec-15 17:49:51

Thanks for the responses and link to the other thread. All very helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now