This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

questions for a potential childminder

(6 Posts)
gallicgirl Fri 24-Jul-15 09:15:45

I'm meeting with a childminder later to discuss possibly looking after my children when I return to work.
It's a while since I've done this so what should I be asking other than particulars of the contract? She's not been registered for long so doesn't have an ofsted report I can read.

chandelierswinger Fri 24-Jul-15 09:19:42

Ask if you can have a testimonial from (or chat with) a current client; that will tell you all about her care from a parent's point of view. Someone who is not prepared to share that is not worth continuing with.

You might want to ask about routines, meals, activities, EYFS (if your DCs are that age), toileting, what happens if the CM is unwell and any hols they will take.

Cindy34 Fri 24-Jul-15 10:02:01

Find out what you do pay for and what you do not. If food is included or not, if a hot meal is provided or if it is sandwich type snack. If you go on holiday what do you pay, if they go on holiday or are not available for some reason how much do you pay. How much notice is needed for things like not needing a day.
Transport arrangements. Any outings during school holidays?

ButtonMoon88 Fri 24-Jul-15 13:00:49

Sickness- what does she do if she is ill? Childs ill?

Lateness policy?

HSMMaCM Fri 24-Jul-15 13:50:19

You can steal some ideas from the FAQs on my website if you like which reminds me, I must update it

www.3mxchildcare.co.uk/

Not an advert, because I have no vacancies

gallicgirl Fri 24-Jul-15 14:35:13

Thanks everyone. I think I got most of those.
She is monitored/checked by the local council which is reassuring as I know they're supportive and help childminders access training.
All seems ok so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now