This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

School drop off and pick up fees

(3 Posts)
MrsTMT Wed 01-Jul-15 17:42:02

Hi,

I was wondering what do childminders usually charge for school drop off and pick up? My DD currently goes to a childminder who picks her up in the morning and then I will pick DD up from cm's house after work (we currently pay for 10 hrs a day) In September DD will start school. We would still need cm to pick her up at 7.30 and then take her to school and pick up after school and DD would stay with cm until 5.30pm. Not sure how this works? Would we pay just for the hours she is with cm or are we expected to pay something for the hours she is at school too?

Just wanted to get some idea before I approach our current cm.

Thanks!

PhoebeMcPeePee Wed 01-Jul-15 19:52:43

Once DC is at school full time ie after any half day settling in has finished, your child is counted as being over 5 (even if they are still 4) for the purposes of a childminder's ratios & not counted as being on our books during school hours. This usually means you won't pay whilst DD is at school so you will either pay hourly or your cm may have a set rate for school children. Not all CM's do school runs as some prefer to just focus on pre-school children or she may not have a school space available so I would ask how it will work come September.

HSMMaCM Thu 02-Jul-15 16:31:07

Sometimes rates are different for before and after school, so you tely need to ask your cm.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now