This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Desperately seeking new nanny in Wimbledon - HELP!

(10 Posts)

I've been looking for a new nanny in Wimbledon for about 6 weeks now, and I'm starting to reach panic mode! We need someone to start in mid-August, or I'll have to take my DD into work with me and hide her under the desk!

We've asked the (few) people we know who might be able to help with a recommendation but nothing has come of the one referral we found. I've been trawling the childcare.co.uk website for weeks, along with Gumtree, but so far we've been unlucky with a couple of people who seemed interested but in the end confessed to having included false information on their profiles.

We need someone to look after 3yo DD, plus we're hoping to partner with a nearby family who have a similar age DD. Between us we're looking for 4 full days a week. If anyone can suggest additional resources to check for nannies I would be EXTREMELY grateful. Even better, if anyone has any specific recommendations please send me a private message and I will name my next child after you! wink

dowhatyoulovelovewhatyoudo Tue 23-Jun-15 11:02:26

Many agencies cover Wimbledon ( Simply angelic, Nannies incorporated , Great British Nannies, etc )

Privately,

post -

www.greatcare.co.uk/post_job.html

( ^ that site, emails your advert to thousands of nannies the next morning )

and post here -

www.nappyvalleynet.com/mums/viewforum.php?f=66&sid=228d0d829e57164d622ddb4281ec9c70

Thanks! The only agency I've spoken to so far charges over £1,000 for placing a nanny, which is more than I can afford at this stage unfortunately. I'll definitely try those websites!

eeyore12 Tue 23-Jun-15 15:07:47

Would you consider a nanny with own child although you then couldn't enter into a share with the other family as a nanny can only look after children from two families at once and the nannys own child counts as one. You would however be able to offer them slightly less as they would be bringing their child with them.

Thanks for the suggestion smile As a mother myself, and completely besotted with my own PFB, I wouldn't feel comfortable having a nanny look after their own child and my child at the same time. I cannot imagine how you could possibly balance that fairly - which I'm sure says far more about me than any potential nannies! I'm sure it makes sense for a lot of families, but it's not something I personally would want.

It's a shame because there are lots of experienced nannies out their who would like to bring their own children along. I'm sure I'm missing out!

selly24 Tue 23-Jun-15 16:20:12

I know agency fees are high, but some ARE worth paying for AND take credit cards!
O&P nannies and Swanson nannies
The latter charges very reasonable fees. The former are top notch and listen to you!
Unfortunately this is one area of your life where you just can't economise!

Artandco Tue 23-Jun-15 16:25:02

Have you considered a childminder? They would be better if you aren't wanting full time mon-fri.

ATravellingCircusCame Tue 23-Jun-15 16:30:09

You need to firm up the details of your job. 'We are hoping to' and 'we might' are no good for a job starting in August. You need to be set on days, hourly rate, job specification, number of children etc.

Then you need to advertise the job (including this information) on Childcare.co.uk and nannyjob. And Gumtree too if you like. Just looking at the nanny profiles is not enough.

M2015 Thu 25-Jun-15 15:54:19

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Karoleann Thu 25-Jun-15 16:09:54

I'm not sure why you're struggling. Are you offering going rate?
I wouldn't touch an agency with a bargepole.

Try here instead www.nappyvalleynet.com/mums/viewforum.php?f=66&sid=e7ae12e7c54245f9a60eb06d5740b175

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now