This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

11 weeks old routine

(4 Posts)
Way2Tired Sun 24-May-15 19:05:34

Hi,

i`m after advice. what do you do with a baby at 11 weeks? what kind of routine do you establish? and most important - how do you entertain him? do you exercise/go out/how often/etc. any an all advice welcomed, thank you.

Cindy34 Sun 24-May-15 19:36:07

At that age I have had babies just tag along with whatever the older children are doing, so they come on the school run, they go to toddler group. They people watch, sleep, poo and feed, they don't do a lot at that age.

They don't need exercise but if you do then push a pram up and down some hills!

I think it was around that age that I started using a sling, think it may depend on babies size.

mrswishywashy Mon 25-May-15 20:47:46

I'm a maternity nurse and just finished a position with a ten week old.

He did
6.30am milk
8.30am nap up to two hours
10.30am milk
12.30pm nap up to two hours, usually out in pram
2.30pm milk
4.30pm nap up to an hour
5.45pm a little milk
6pm bath or top and tail and massage
6.30pm milk
7pm bed
Dream feeds disturbed him so just let him sleep, currently going through until 5/6am.
most of my babies that I work with will end up on a similar routine, if they're hungry of course will feed them, if they are tired will let thems sleep and if they are happy with more awake time will let them

Awake times:
Play on mat, tummy time, reading books
Bouncy chair to watch adults eat or cook
Museum, art gallery - probably a bit more for adults
Massage
Singing and music
Naked time
Just sitting and talking

Way2Tired Tue 02-Jun-15 11:15:27

sounds great. thank you so much !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now