This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Ahhhhh ofsted!!

(11 Posts)
Ahhhhhofsted81 Fri 06-Feb-15 23:35:23

I'm stressing! Had ans phone message from them, rang back but nothing. So obviously will come next wk but I'm so stressed!!! Ahhhh hints & tips please guys

HSMMaCM Sat 07-Feb-15 06:11:13

Be confident in what you do and remember to check their ID. Brush up on safeguarding.

hooker29 Sat 07-Feb-15 12:41:09

Have you done your SEF? She went through mine which I think helped shorten my inspection.
Bribe the children to be good..... ;)

Ahhhhhofsted81 Sat 07-Feb-15 21:26:04

Thank u. Yes will check ID & sign in to visitors book. Yes I've done SEF.

Haha- the 2yr old going through tough time! Have a feeling I will b having a tough day!

What's the decision on plug covers- yes or no?

HSMMaCM Sun 08-Feb-15 00:13:09

Just explain your decision either way, but I would say no

FuckTheseSixFishInParticular Mon 16-Feb-15 00:46:19

My mother very handily works for a construction faculty at an FE college, so I got her to ask the electricians there about socket covers before my last inspection. It was a unanimous no, they're more dangerous than leaving a socket 'unprotected'.

Make sure you have all your documents and folders organised and ready for looking at so that if you end up busy with the kids, the inspector can occupy themselves by looking through everything.

And make sure you ask them to ask you if they have any questions about anything!

SoonToBeSix Mon 16-Feb-15 01:40:21

Why are socket covers dangerous?

MrsCakesPrecognition Mon 16-Feb-15 01:47:08

Modern British sockets have an inbuilt cover which only opens when the plug prongs are inserted into all 3 holes at once.
A socket cover opens the inbuilt cover. Poorly designed socket covers have a hole to make removal easier, but children could insert something through the hole into the live socket.
At best using socket cover simply replaces the inbuilt cover. At worst, it makes it easier for children to come into contact with mains electricity.

Maryann1975 Mon 16-Feb-15 08:15:06

I asked my last inspector about socket covers and she said if it isn't in the eyfs document they can't grade you on it and socket covers aren't in there. So it is up to each setting to make a decision based on their own research. It might help to have some info ready to show inspector should they pull you up on a decision not to use them though, in case you inspector hasn't heard of not using them before.

SoonToBeSix Mon 16-Feb-15 11:18:32

Thanks for explaining, will remove our socket covers now.

FatallyFlawed Tue 05-Jul-16 15:07:18

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now