This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Registering to become a CM (Scotland)

(6 Posts)
harverina Thu 12-Jun-14 23:03:09

Hello,

I am currently in the process of filling out the online reg form to register as a childminder in Scotland. I have written quite a few policies and am trying to make sure that I have the specific policies and statements that they ask for on the form.

Looking at other websites like the Bromley one has made me worried that I don't have enough policies - is it an expectation that you will have all of those policies in place before you register or is this something you can build up your policies over time?

harverina Fri 13-Jun-14 10:08:34

Bump smile

girliesmummy2 Fri 13-Jun-14 10:57:04

You need to have the ones they ask for as they are the main ones . Then as they visit you and discuss things they will tell you if you require additional . Then once your registered or while going through the process things will pop up or things will happen n you ll think oh I better put a policy in place for tht incase it happen again or to prevent it or whatever

nannynick Fri 13-Jun-14 11:46:31

Have a chat with the Scottish Childminding Association. www.childninding.org

I would expect that there is a minimum list of written policies that are needed, others optional.

babypowder Fri 13-Jun-14 14:24:48

The Angus Council website has a pack of policies and procedures that can be tailored HERE

It makes for a great starting point, but you do have to make sure that the policies reflect the requirements of your particular setting.

Good luck with your registration!

harverina Fri 13-Jun-14 17:49:38

Thanks everyone.

Baby I have used those policies as a starting point for most of mine.

I feel better now - I thought I needed 100 policies and was starting to panic!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now