This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Help- how much should I pay a live in housekeeper in Clapham???

(9 Posts)
VUM101414 Wed 11-Jun-14 10:47:32

In need of help! Our wonderful AP is off to volunteer in S America and we are now in need of a live in housekeeper. No idea how much is fair pay?
We have 3 children (G5 and in full school and almost 1 yr old twin boy and girl) so some help w kiddos needed in am and pm.
We would obviously take care of all living expenses, food, toiletries, mob etc.

Thanks in advance for help/advice smile

Veronica

Soggysandpit Wed 11-Jun-14 10:50:40

So are you looking for an au pair or a nanny-housekeeper? Clearly not just a housekeeper if they will have sole charge of one year old twins.

VUM101414 Wed 11-Jun-14 12:16:36

I do not work and I am rather quite hands on as a mother so she will not have sole charge of twins, this will be shared with myself.
So mostly housekeeper with some child minding experience.

Thanks

Artandco Wed 11-Jun-14 20:23:45

Still nanny/ housekeeper even if not sole charge. I would say £400 net a week assuming full time

VUM101414 Wed 11-Jun-14 20:52:29

@artandco thanks for the info.

When I win the euro millions a live in housekeeper is the very first thing on my list

envy

Karoleann Wed 11-Jun-14 21:10:07

If you look on nannyjob, salaries for nanny housekeepers in nice bits of London seem to range from £250-£500/week for full time. A you don't need full-time sole care, you may be fine with someone stepping up from an au-pair position.

VUM101414 Fri 13-Jun-14 13:36:39

@karoleann very helpful info. Thanks for this, better range of salaries as £400/£500 week net seems like quite a bit particularly as they do not need to pay for anything as would be living in.
Thanks
V

Artandco Fri 13-Jun-14 14:35:44

Bare in mind £250 housekeeper would be someone not full time or doing main cleaning

Housekeeper - keeps house. Food shops, takes deliveries, tidies house, plants, irons, washes clothes, makes beds etc

They don't 'clean'. Odd hover, and sort dishes out of dishwasher etc, but they don't clean bathrooms/ scrub floors/ dust etc

Are you sure it's a housekeeper you need?

In your situation I would get a live in part time nanny. Working for say 8hrs mon-fri. £300 net. Splitting hrs into an and pm will cost more as they can't do anything else inbetween as not enough hours. Could you sort the mornings yourself and then get nanny to work 10am-6pm? Or 11am-7pm. A nanny even live in 7am-7pm will be £500 net

Plus a cleaner x2 a week - £100 (5hrs x2 days)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now