This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Au Pairs in Lewes - have you got one?

(6 Posts)
freddread Thu 29-May-14 21:29:33

I have posted in Local mumsnet page but thought would here too to make sure....

am having an au pair for first time start in September and we live in LEwes East Sussex.
I am already worrying, like a mother, whether he is gonna make friends or not, get bored, and regret ever moved in with us!
So - calling all families with au pairs in Lewes - please show yourselves!
Mine is from Germany and seems lovely.
He is not keen to a language course which to me is an obvious way to meet people, so would be great if could put in touch with other APs in town.
Brighton cant be the centre of the universe....
thank you

PixieofCatan Mon 02-Jun-14 09:08:47

There are quite a few in Lewes from what I remember, I don't know any of them though, they never came to the classes and things (and very few nannies did too, I was usually the only one there). Are your kids at school? Might be worth asking at school if they know of any kids who are picked up by APs so that you know for September?

I'm Brighton based but would be happy to meet up with him in Lewes, I love Lewes, I really miss working there!

freddread Wed 04-Jun-14 21:21:24

Thanks PixieofCatan - Im intrigued with your username...

Anyway, as it turned out, I have a girl now for Sept, not a boy, last minute stuff.

I will carry on asking around - as you suggest - my 2 boys are at school.
Im putting the word out!

Will message you if still interested when they have settled in,

Best wishes

PixieofCatan Wed 04-Jun-14 21:27:13

I was ConfusedPixie, got bored but wanted to keep the Pixie reference and I'm a huge fan of the board game Settlers of Catan smile

Let me know nearer the time, I'll actually start having free time by then so still happy to meet with somebody. Still from Germany?

freddread Thu 05-Jun-14 09:44:15

Hi there
Thank you that's very kind of you.
Here name is Nadja and she's German. She is lovely girl so sure she'll make friends easily
Best wishes

ceedub Sat 07-Jun-14 09:35:53

Hi there,

Snap - we're in Lewes and have our first au pair - also a German girl - coming to start in September. So it would be great to meet up when they're here and a settled in. Feel free to message me when you're all ready.
best

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now