This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

What to do

(5 Posts)
DearGirl Mon 12-May-14 23:11:02

I have just had an amazing first day in a new job. Very happy with the family and looking forward to working with them.

However.

From a conversation I had earlier with a boss I am concerned that they have assumed something about my skills. It is not a major thing and will not stop me carrying out 99.9% of the work load however it may cause them inconvenience at times (very very occasionally).

I need to tell them but how?

Bellossom Mon 12-May-14 23:19:21

I think it depends what it is. If they can think you can drive and you can't - I'd say that's pretty big if you 're nanny?

I can't think what else to scale

BerylStreep Mon 12-May-14 23:21:13

What is it?

Cindy34 Mon 12-May-14 23:38:05

Next time you talk to your boss just mention that you can't do x.

Without knowing what x is, makes it very had to give any real advice as it may or may not be seen as a problem. You think it is only a very small problem, whereas it may be a big problem to the employer - such as being a non driver, not speaking the language of the country you are in, not being able to swim. Hard to think of things that it could be.

Maybe it is something like they go on holiday a lot skiing and want you to go with them but you can not ski. In which case telling them will help them factor in ski lessons perhaps.

slowcomputer Tue 13-May-14 10:27:57

What is it? You need to tell them now, not wait until it becomes an issue. Have you said/implied that you can do this thing?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now