This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Am I right to be unhappy with CM?

(29 Posts)
Sairyuk Thu 01-May-14 09:53:40

Morning all, this is my first ever post! My DD is 10mths and has been at her CM since January, everything seemed fine, she was recommended by a friend whose child is 4yrs. However, recently there seems to be more and more small things that I'm unhappy with. A few examples are: my DD only being taken to either the CM's MIL's house;
or to visit her Mother in a carehome;
or to the local supermarket

My CM told me recently that she has her grandchildren on a Wednesday so could I find someone to have my DD on a Wednesday (she goes 3 days a week) as she likes her Grandchildren to have all her attention.

Very often she will say when I pick up my DD there are no wipes/dummies packed - when they are always packed and clearly in her changing bag. I don't know if she is incapable of looking! But the straw that broke the camels back was 2 weeks ago when I was told I hadn't packed any water (even though it was in the changing bag area it's always in!) the CM was in a bad mood and was complaining that DD had just had her dinner then sicked it all back up again and she'd just changed her bum but it was dry (she'd had the nappy on for 4 hours!) I just wanted to scream SHE'S DEHYDRATED! That's why she'd been sick and had a dry nappy!!

I am now looking for a new CM, am I being too hasty?

pizzachickenhotforyou Thu 01-May-14 14:37:11

Lucylouby there's a big difference in an occasional visit which is enjoyed by all and dragging kids along to visit someone and never taking them anywhere fun.

Sairyuk Thu 01-May-14 14:51:30

No she is definately Ofsted registered, I even checked her report before signing the contract

Blondeshavemorefun Thu 01-May-14 15:52:21

and her daughter def isnt noted as an assistant on this report?

then you need to report her to ofsted for leaving your dd in her care

rocketjam Thu 01-May-14 16:13:02

A child-minder can register a assistant at any time, so it might not be on her last report. You can call Ofsted to check.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now