This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Babysitting in London

(9 Posts)
abatha Sat 15-Mar-14 07:56:11

Hi All,

Just looking for a bit of advice.

I've recently decided on a change of career so I'm working unpaid internships for the next couple of months, whilst I am being paid "expenses" £50 a week hardly pays the rent so I am hoping to do some more babysitting.

I have been brought up around children, my mum is a childminder and I have been babysitting since I was 13 and since moving to London I regularly babysit for family so I am hoping that will stand me in good stead.

I just wondered if there was a website/agency you would recommend me joining which could lead to more work?

Thanks!

abatha Sat 15-Mar-14 07:58:19

whoops just spotted a similar thread further down, will check out sitters.co.uk

Boris13 Sun 16-Mar-14 19:23:33

Look.at ' likeminders'

bettyskitchen Sun 16-Mar-14 20:17:13

Thanks Boris, I'll check it out.
I can't register with sitters as I've not worked in childcare sad

tshirtsuntan Sun 16-Mar-14 22:38:00

Depending on where you are in London try "hopes & dreams" based in Islington.

OutragedFromLeeds Mon 17-Mar-14 01:14:53

Try putting your details on childcare.co.uk, gumtree, mumsnet local and netmums. They're all free so nothing to lose and might bring some work in. Otherwise word of mouth is your best bet.

Aldwick Mon 17-Mar-14 19:09:17

Try simply child care - whereabouts in London are you?

bettyskitchen Tue 18-Mar-14 07:34:51

Thank you all for the tips, I'll check them out tonight when I'm back from work.

Aldwick - I live in Kennington.

NomDeClavier Tue 18-Mar-14 11:26:44

Nannyjob.co.uk too - both the main site and the free babysitter section.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now