This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CMs. How do you keep your house clean?

(9 Posts)
welcometomyworld2 Thu 13-Mar-14 12:07:25

It drives me mad. I am considering getting a cleaner as I find it so disheartening that as soon as the house is clean, the little angels muck it up again! Does anyone have any top tips? I manage the washing, shopping
(home delivery) and superficial wipe round while the dc are here, but the house gets filthy so quickly it really is getting me down.

Runoutofideas Thu 13-Mar-14 12:25:17

Get a cleaner!

NickNacks Thu 13-Mar-14 12:54:50

I have a cleaner.

welcometomyworld2 Thu 13-Mar-14 13:31:21

Thanks. I think I will get a cleaner. Do they come when you are at toddlers?

NickNacks Thu 13-Mar-14 14:19:41

Yes mine does. I don't think she could clean around us. Means we have to plan to be out quite early in the holidays too though.

ZuleikaD Thu 13-Mar-14 14:40:04

I just resign myself to washing the floor three times a week.

happydazed Thu 13-Mar-14 14:59:08

cleaner twice a week, Friday afternoon so it's all clean for the weekend and midweek.

Therewere5inthebed Thu 13-Mar-14 19:24:36

I have been thinking exactly that, I seem to be spending far too much time cleaning at the weekend.. Is a cleaner an allowable expense?

tia26 Fri 14-Mar-14 10:56:25

I know how you feel- use to spend my weekend catching up on cleaning and never had time for own kids/self. I have a cleaner for a few hours once a week and it is the best thing I've done. She does toilets, bathroom, skirting boards, oven n fridge,windows, hoovers etc- all the jobs I hate!! The house still gets untidy (as with every childminder) but at least its clean underneath smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now