This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Nanny Agencies - more than one?

(3 Posts)
RapscallionCat Wed 12-Mar-14 23:00:19

We are currently looking for a nanny for September when I return to work after maternity leave (3rd child). It will be our first nanny. I have registered with a local agency (Yorkshire), but only had one CV sent through so far (this may be normal but I had expected more).
I was wondering if there were any reasons why I shouldn't use more than one agency? I presume that it's unlikely that the same applicant would apply via/be sent by more than one agency? I just wondered if this did occur whether we would then be liable for 2 sets of agency fees though...
I'm also considering advertising on sites such as childcare.gov.uk etc. The agency has already placed an ad on nannyjob.co.uk (I only realised this when looked into putting an ad on there myself!)
Any advice welcome - thanks very much

Cindy34 Wed 12-Mar-14 23:44:59

It is possible for more than one agency to have the same candidate on their books and to send you their details. It depends if the agency asks candidates before sending details.

Is the candidate whose details have been sent match with your requirements? If som interview them. Agencies job is to match candidates, not send you a selection of nannies on their books, many of whom do not meet your requirements.

OutragedFromLeeds Wed 12-Mar-14 23:54:23

IME nannies will look at agency websites and privately to find the right job. You'll probably find a lot of the same people with the agencies and on gumtree/nannyjob/childcare. Some nannies will only use a certain agency or website, but most can be found from more than one source.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now