Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

CMs and nannies! how long does it take to register to accept childcare vouchers?!

(13 Posts)
jclm Tue 11-Mar-14 20:16:54

CMs and nannies! how long does it take to register to accept childcare vouchers?!

we are desperate to use our childcare voucher stash (hubby has now accrued �4K of childcare vouchers that we cannot spend!!!)

we hired a new nanny in august - in september our nanny started the process of becoming registered with ofted. in december her ofsted registration came through and in january she applied to register to accept the childcare vouchers (edenred and kidsunlimited), so that finally we could start paying her with our childcare vouchers. it's now march and she says she has not heard back from either edenred or kidsunlimited. i have phoned them up but they will not speak to me as the employer. getting the nanny to be pro-active and sort this out is difficult (i don't know why but i think because she is very shy on the phone). i also fear she might have completed the edenred/kidsunlimited registration forms wrongly...

my question is, how long should the process of registering to accept the childcare vouchers actually take? is there anything as employer that i can do to speed up this process? (i have even thought about using a pay rise as an incentive for her to sort this out). our nanny is leaving the job in september so we only have a few months left...

goldie81 Tue 11-Mar-14 20:24:16

I'm registered with both & from what I remember quite quick- month tops. Think had to send copy of ofsted certificate as well as full form but that was easy enough. As I didn't have scanner/photocopier the lady from vouchers just said take a photo on my smart phone & email across. Was easy enough even for me!

NickNacks Tue 11-Mar-14 20:41:21

Extremely easy! A week tops..

busyDays Tue 11-Mar-14 20:57:31

I'm registered with edenred and it didn't take long at all. I think there was an oline registration form that I had to fill in and then I scanned my Ofsted certificate and emailed it to them. I'm pretty sure I was up and running within a few days.

OutragedFromLeeds Tue 11-Mar-14 21:02:39

It was a while ago, but I think it was a couple of weeks tops.

(Although I later had trouble with one of them unregistering me for no reason, apparently at my request hmm)

nannynick Tue 11-Mar-14 21:09:28

I agree, a few weeks at most.

I would suggest that your nanny does the forms again, online.
Provide nanny with computer access and help them complete the form if you need to do so.

nannynick Tue 11-Mar-14 21:17:27

Looking back, in 2008 it took a couple of weeks. However it seems they (Accor, now EdenRed) did not provide much information to me, so took a while to figure out how to set things up.
Have they sent your nanny an account number? Once they have that then you need to use that to send the childcare voucher.

Mine only asked for my ofsted number. It took three months from me being employed to get it finished as I took a month to do the common core skills, then a wait for the certificate, then a month for the ofsted reg to come through with the crb. The easiest bit was filling in the one page form for the voucher company and scanning it!

Mine only asked for my ofsted number. It took three months from me being employed to get it finished as I took a month to do the common core skills, then a wait for the certificate, then a month for the ofsted reg to come through with the crb. The easiest bit was filling in the one page form for the voucher company and scanning it!

really1234 Wed 12-Mar-14 08:07:40

My cm registered with edenred a few months ago and it took less than a week.

Sorry for the double post!

I'll also add that my employers couldn't actually afford to pay me fully until it was sorted out, which I went into the job knowing but it was an incentive!

EasterHoliday Wed 12-Mar-14 13:28:09

our nanny started in September and it's still not done... She had to take an online course, get her DBS (which they mucked up so she had to resubmit) and the Ofsted registration STILL isn't done. Once that's done, it takes about a couple of weeks to get set up with the voucher provider. That part is fast, it's Ofsted that takes FOREVER.
we have ludicrous amounts in vouchers sitting there in two accounts :-(

edwinbear Thu 13-Mar-14 16:02:07

I use kidsunlimited via my employer. When I switched from a nursery to cm in Sept it took about a week for them to get the cm registered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now