This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Looking at becoming a childminder how much are pacey course

(5 Posts)
fairyhellokitty Mon 10-Mar-14 16:07:04

Just that

nannynick Mon 10-Mar-14 16:15:40

From their 2013 brochure - CYPOP5 is £189.60 This may have changed for 2014.

I would suggest you contact your local authority early years department and find out what courses they offer. For example in Surrey, the local authority runs a course called ChIP, which is £25.

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Cindy34 Mon 17-Mar-14 09:21:26

Latest Ofsted Guidance says you need to do a course approved by a local authority. to registration on the Early Years Register.pdf Ofsted Guidance to Early Years Register (March 2014) so your first step is to talk to your local authority, to check that they approve the PACEY course.

LyndaCartersBigPants Mon 17-Mar-14 10:44:01

Becoming a childminder requires a level of commitment to studying and independence which you don't seem to be displaying here. Sorry to be harsh, but if you can't google pacey or your local authority and find out the information you need, you might struggle to complete the work required.

I've been completing the course, contacting Ofsted, trying to chase up my DBS (crb) check, writing policies and procedures, checking with planning, mortgage, insurance companies etc.

Obviously there are some things which are not clear and there are times when some other opinions can be helpful, but in the main, being a childminder requires you to be very self motivated and independent.

It takes a lot of work just to get registered, so don't underestimate what you'd need to do. Sadly mums net won't be there to answer every enquiry you have.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now