This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Looking for part time child care and advice on good nursery - gants hill

(6 Posts)
Sunflower108 Sun 09-Mar-14 00:52:52

I, I'm looking for a nanny or nanny share for my son, from April onwards. He will be 11 months. I am returning to work. The nanny care will be for 3-4 days. I would appreciate interested nannies or families contact me please. The maximum we are able to afford is £6.50 per hour.
I want to put him in a nursery for a day or two, and would appreciate advice on which are good nurseries in the local area.
I'm really struggling as a first time mum having to leave my little boy and go back to work. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cindy34 Sun 09-Mar-14 07:57:57

Your budget does not sound realistic. Have you considered using a childminder?

I would not do nanny/nursery combo at that age. More appropriate around age 3, when pre-school education funding starts.

LadyHarrietdeSpook Sun 09-Mar-14 11:12:14

Some people can only afford a nanny nursery combo, Cindy, and there may not be cm's near enough with space or the right hours etc. We were in this situation. OP I am not a million miles away from you. You need to budget about £10 ph gross as a min.

LadyHarrietdeSpook Sun 09-Mar-14 11:13:33

If you want to PM me i might be able to suggest some local nurseries...

rubyslippers Sun 09-Mar-14 11:17:28

Is that £6.50 per hour gross?

I think there is a Kids Inc nursery near there

A nanny share is a cheaper option than a nanny but TBH it is still not the most coat effective way to care for a single child

I used a nanny when I had 2 kids and used a nursery for the first child

Would certainly check out childminders

TheCokeMachine Mon 10-Mar-14 14:49:08

I am local to the area with two young children in FT nursery. PM me if you'd like more info on the local nurseries.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now