This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Quick question re au pair

(5 Posts)
citytocountry Fri 07-Mar-14 16:01:11

I have an au pair at the moment, and am looking for a new one to start at the beginning of September.

When yould you start looking/recruiting?

NB - we are away the whole of August so need to have it sorted before then.

Thanks very much

Lone4anger Sat 08-Mar-14 22:18:14

Depends on whether you go through an agency or do it yourself. To start in September and with being away all through August, you need to get it sorted before you go away so give yourself 6 weeks to get it organised or find one whilst you are away.... Through an agency it can take from 3 weeks. September is a traditional start time for au pairs so there should be plenty of choice.

LanLan Sun 09-Mar-14 09:56:04

My child will start school this Sept. I am thinking of getting an aupair to do the school run. This is the first time I touched the topic. Can anyone please suggest where to start ? Is there a recommended website or agency ? I am living in Barnes.

OvertiredandConfused Sun 09-Mar-14 20:43:38

I always use aupairworld.net. We're on our 9th au pair, 7 from there. I'd look now - you can specify start dates in your search. Once you have a firm commitment, you can stay in touch via email and Skype. I think it helps the settling in process.

citytocountry Tue 11-Mar-14 09:31:24

Thank you very much - I used au pair world last time, and whilst time consuming, we did find a good au pair though it.

I think I shall start looking pretty soon - I've been worried about wasting time with a possible no show if I look too far in advance, but it seems like doing it and then keeping in touch is a sensible idea.

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now