Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

FindaBabysitter.com trying to cancel an account and payment

(9 Posts)
Claphamworking Mon 10-Feb-14 11:39:20

Just wanted to let others out there know the issues with opting out on this website!

I posted an ad in January and clicked on and pay for the 'month' fee. They've since taken money from my cc in February, without me knowing they were going to do this. The shocker is that you can't cancel an account online - even though this is how you set it up. The only way to stop them is to call, then send and email, then they'll cancel your account.
Just a warning to others that they'll keep charging you unless you end them a specific email

Onesleeptillwembley Mon 10-Feb-14 11:42:32

Yawn. Here we go again. Reported.

Claphamworking Mon 10-Feb-14 14:03:47

I hadn't seen previous posts - have others also reported this?

K8Middleton Mon 10-Feb-14 14:05:57

I haven't seen others either.

But they are a bunch of thieving chancers IMHO.

K8Middleton Mon 10-Feb-14 14:08:39

If I had seen previous posts I would never have touched them and would be £75 better off. They were useless and do not respond to complaints or take action from email requests to cancel. When I tried to cancel by phone it went unanswered on numerous occasions.

pinkdaffodil23 Mon 10-Feb-14 14:14:39

I didnt have any problem cancelling my membership when I wanted to

findababysitter Mon 10-Feb-14 15:51:09

Hi Claphamworking, we are very sorry to hear this - it doesn't sound like this should have happened! Please contact us, contact@findababysitter.com and someone will be happy to assist you!

electriceelong Tue 11-Mar-14 16:53:16

Be warned! Findababysitter.com automatically deducts the renewable yearly/quarterly/monthly subscription off your credit card (by wrongly assuming you wish to renew) without any prior warnings. Unethical company.

Claphamworking Tue 11-Mar-14 17:12:24

Sounds like they did to you what they did to me...kept taking your money!

Now they are spamming me...I've unsubscribed from their online mailing list 3 times and they keep sending me emails...what's up with this unethical business?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now