This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site. trying to cancel an account and payment

(15 Posts)
Claphamworking Mon 10-Feb-14 11:39:20

Just wanted to let others out there know the issues with opting out on this website!

I posted an ad in January and clicked on and pay for the 'month' fee. They've since taken money from my cc in February, without me knowing they were going to do this. The shocker is that you can't cancel an account online - even though this is how you set it up. The only way to stop them is to call, then send and email, then they'll cancel your account.
Just a warning to others that they'll keep charging you unless you end them a specific email

Onesleeptillwembley Mon 10-Feb-14 11:42:32

Yawn. Here we go again. Reported.

Claphamworking Mon 10-Feb-14 14:03:47

I hadn't seen previous posts - have others also reported this?

K8Middleton Mon 10-Feb-14 14:05:57

I haven't seen others either.

But they are a bunch of thieving chancers IMHO.

K8Middleton Mon 10-Feb-14 14:08:39

If I had seen previous posts I would never have touched them and would be £75 better off. They were useless and do not respond to complaints or take action from email requests to cancel. When I tried to cancel by phone it went unanswered on numerous occasions.

pinkdaffodil23 Mon 10-Feb-14 14:14:39

I didnt have any problem cancelling my membership when I wanted to

findababysitter Mon 10-Feb-14 15:51:09

Hi Claphamworking, we are very sorry to hear this - it doesn't sound like this should have happened! Please contact us, and someone will be happy to assist you!

electriceelong Tue 11-Mar-14 16:53:16

Be warned! automatically deducts the renewable yearly/quarterly/monthly subscription off your credit card (by wrongly assuming you wish to renew) without any prior warnings. Unethical company.

Claphamworking Tue 11-Mar-14 17:12:24

Sounds like they did to you what they did to me...kept taking your money!

Now they are spamming me...I've unsubscribed from their online mailing list 3 times and they keep sending me emails...what's up with this unethical business?

Miterra Fri 20-Feb-15 11:16:17

This happened to me too - so annoyed with them.

Cheekychip Tue 07-Apr-15 22:37:53

Happened to me too angry

Bumping to warn others. There are plenty of other companies out there like

Cheekychip Tue 07-Apr-15 22:45:59

I take that back have done the same thing!

Was easier to to stop their payments online though. Will have to be a bit more alert to these things in future :-/

Cindy34 Wed 08-Apr-15 08:45:05 does not auto rebill if you purchase via the iOS or Android app.

Least internet advertising has the chance of being seen by more people than placing an ad in the local paper, like we did in the past.

janetwim Wed 08-Apr-15 13:29:38

Happened to me aswell!!

Cheekychip Wed 08-Apr-15 14:56:15

I complained and the reply was:

Thank you very much for your e-mail. To confirm, the £25.00 product you purchased is a recurring payment product.

This is clearly stated in our Terms and Conditions:

6.3. In order to avoid interruption/disruption to your use of the website; subscriptions are made subject to automatic renewals. If you wish to cancel your automatic renewal you need do so by contacting us via our contact page on the website.

We realise that not everyone reads the terms and conditions, so we also display this on the 'My account' area of your profile, payment and pricing pages (please see attached images) and we also mention this in the FAQ section of the website.

That's all very well but if so many people are making this mistake it can't be that clear! Hate these sort of companies and they clearly don't care about customer satisfaction so must be relying on high turn over. Of new clusters rather than repeat customers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now