Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Any good apps for tracking 9mo's routine with nanny?

(9 Posts)
AgentFF Thu 23-Jan-14 22:07:26

Does anyone use an app to help you and the nanny track your dc's routine? My nanny has suggested it and used one in a previous job - I think to help me stick to a similar routine to her at weekends. My dc's is 9mo and I work FT. I think it would be a good idea and then I can also see during the day when I'm at work what they are up to (assuming she gets a chance to update it during the day). I've just got no idea which might be good and if its worth paying for one or if free ones are just as good. I'm going to take a look at the one she used before to see if it looks good but would really appreciate any thoughts from others.

PortofinoRevisited Belgium Thu 23-Jan-14 22:10:42

An App? I probably am speaking out of turn but why do you need an app unless you want to be checking up her? You could <<shock horror>> ASK her about the day?

AgentFF Thu 23-Jan-14 22:12:32

Thanks. I do ask her. However nanny has suggested it would be a good idea. Maybe she wants to check up on me at weekends?

nbee84 Thu 23-Jan-14 22:20:35

Never used an app, I (nanny) just keep a daily diary that notes naps, activities and food. I can see that it may be easier and quicker to update an app if she's out and about as if we are out at the end of the day I have to fill in the diary between, dinner, washing up and bath.

My first thought on reading this was that the nanny should be trying to keep to the routine that you want and use over the weekend, not vice versa though I appreciate that nanny is with the dc for more days.

Dencar Thu 23-Jan-14 22:25:28

You could try
Baby Connect - synchronises with other carers who are listed.

NomDeClavier Fri 24-Jan-14 16:58:47

DH and I use baby ESP tracker to keep in touch cos he's a huge geek and an involved dad. It was easier than him constantly asking when she last fed/how she slept when there's DS to keep in check.

stephiedaniel63 Tue 04-Feb-14 15:59:29

To keep track of the routine and manage the things go better, I have been using the cloud based task management software from Replicon ( www.replicon.com/olp/task-management-software.aspx ) and tools that manage the tasks and ultimately the work go in a better sense of understanding to have a featured and desired output.

TheGreatHunt Tue 04-Feb-14 16:00:52

Surely she should be looking after baby, not sitting on her iPhone every 5 mins doing updates.

EasterHoliday Tue 04-Feb-14 16:02:27

ours used a notebook and pen which we could read. They also kept to the routine that we asked them to, so we knew it was the same as we had previously put in place / used at the weekend. Make sure the tail isn't wagging the dog here!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now