This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Any Married Nanny done this?

(28 Posts)
Marylou62 Sat 04-Jan-14 09:24:18

I live in a sleepy seaside village which I love. I have nannied in London and abroad before the marriage n kids thing. I have just been 'let go' by my lovely family and exploring my options. There are not many jobs around here but saying that I have 8 weeks notice and have never been unable to find a job. I have an idea of finding a live in London job for 3 days a week and then come home at weekends. My kids are grown altho still live at home. My DH works nights so we don't see each other much in the week anyway! Any other Nanny done this?

CapeCornwall Thu 09-Jan-14 11:56:32

Mary are you struggling to find nanny work in cornwall? im desperate to move to cornwall but I don't think there's any 'proper' nanny jobs

MNPinto2014 Fri 10-Jan-14 15:35:44

I am a maternity Nanny so do 24/5 or 24/6 and have a very DH, for us it has always been this way, but i do like my weekends and weeks between jobs at home. We facetime or skype every night.

oscarwilde Mon 13-Jan-14 16:54:07

Have you considered setting up as a holiday nanny service ? Lots of people go on holiday to your part of the world and would love a day or two "off" from the treadmill that is childcare. Even more so, when you have toddlers/preschoolers, it's just the same old stuff in a new location. It would be mostly seasonal admittedly but it might help to keep things ticking over.
If you are all the way down in Cornwall I don't honestly see how it is viable to work in London with the cost of travelling up and down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now