This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Re-entering Au Pair arena after break - what are they looking for?

(2 Posts)
Lonecatwithkitten Mon 30-Dec-13 17:12:37

After 4 year break I need an au pair again as ExH has lost driving licence and job through drink driving so his contact with DD will be dramatically reduced.
I need 2-3 after schools per week, 2 evenings/nights per week (same nights as after school) 2 deliveries to school per week, some ironing and no more than 3 hours cleaning per week. Easy gig. Overnights as I work on call so need someone in house should I be called out.
I am looking for EU national and will allow them to get another part time job if they would like. I am already an employer so understand all my legal obligations contract, PAYE etc.
I am in the South east and will supply a car. Is gym membership standard now? Roughly how much is the norm?

SebbysMum Mon 30-Dec-13 22:10:16

We're in London, second year of having an AP. We pay £70 a week plus about £30 per week for travel. She has a great room and bathroom but no gym membership etc. we do allow her guests from home as a benefit. We do not have an employment relationship as she is an au pair.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now