This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

How do I find an Ofsted registered Nanny?

(6 Posts)
Lyndseyxx Sun 29-Dec-13 10:02:31

Hi,

I am in desperate need of a full time ofsted registered nanny. Ideally English, live in or out.
All of the sites I've looked at charge high fees to find one. Is there a 'free' list that one can look at and contact? I live in Kent and I have two boys aged 8-10, plus a really friendly dog.

Any advise welcome.

nannyafrica Sun 29-Dec-13 10:12:38

You could put an ad on www.gumtree.com, www.childcare.co.uk and www.nannyjob.co.uk, which are not expensive. Nannies also looking for positions have thier cv's on some of these sites

Cindy34 Sun 29-Dec-13 10:17:10

Online listing sites are a lot cheaper than using a nanny agency. The traditional postcard in the newsagents window can still work in some areas. Keep in mind that a live out nanny will be quite local to you.

Kent Family Information Service may know of nannies in your area but they may not know which are looking for work. Some councils have job listings on their website but I do not know if any let parents advertise for nannies or if nannies would think to look there.

Netmums Local. Mumsnet Local. Nannyjob, childcare.co.uk, gumtree.com. Asking people at school gate, all sorts of things can work.

Also, nannies don't need ofsted registration, only childminders and nurseries have to.

Cindy34 Sun 29-Dec-13 10:50:14

The OP may be needing to use childcare vouchers or tax credits, thus the need for a nanny who is on the Ofsted childcare register. They may need someone quickly and thus not able to have someone start the registration process, instead they need someone already registered.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 29-Dec-13 15:22:17

where in kent are you?

I am with many agencies there though 2 are the best, but you dont want to pay agency fees (fair enough)

your problem is that you must have an ofsted nanny but some arent registered (like myself) as have never needed to be for past jobs and tbh i am not going to pay the cost of it for something that I get nothing out of iyswim

so maybe advertise stating that you want an ofsted nanny and that you are willing to pay all costs involved will help

also some nannies wont want your job as both children are at school all day- so do you want them to do cleaning during the day/are they on call if kids ill/get hurt/will you pay a full time salary all day

might be worth looking at nwoc - is that an option you would consider?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now