This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

reliable temporary nanny agency for vacation in London?

(14 Posts)
arunano Sat 28-Dec-13 19:27:38

Hi there. I'm a mum from the U.S. We are traveling to London on the second week of January and were hoping to get a night to ourselves, and have our son watched by a nanny from a reputed agency for a few hours. I was wondering if any of you have agency recommendations for a clueless out-of-townersmile Thanks much!

WLondonNanny Sat 28-Dec-13 23:02:12

Hi Arunano

When are you arriving? I am a qualified Nanny in west London and babysit families in the area, I charge £10
An hour which is less than what agencies would charge you.

Let me know if I can help

arunano Sat 28-Dec-13 23:50:14

Hi WLondonNanny!
I really appreciate your message. See the reason I want to go through an agency is because we are so far away and it feels like a safe bet to go through an agency since we are not there to talk to nannies in person. Let me know if you are also a part of an agency
Thanks again,
Aruna

Aldwick Sun 29-Dec-13 00:33:57

I know a lot of people who are happy using Sitters babysitting agency or I have also come across Wimbledon Babysitting Agency. Haven't used them but their website seems quite user friendly. Often hotels have babysitters they use regularly.

Forresitters Sun 29-Dec-13 01:47:23

Have sent you a PM!

drinkyourmilk Sun 29-Dec-13 09:29:57

Check with your hotel, they may have a babysitting service.
When I lived in London I used to provide the service you are asking for through Eden nannies.

TeamSouthfields Sun 29-Dec-13 18:19:32

hello.

I am.a nanny with an agency called 'likeminders'... do look it up
.. Also.Wimbledon nannies

Tableforfour Sun 29-Dec-13 20:34:49

Nurturing nannies in Muswell Hill might do this, I know they do emergency childcare. Owner is Leanne , she is very nice and I found my nanny through her.

arunano Thu 02-Jan-14 00:17:33

Thanks so much! Has anyone ever used Angels Nannies & Babysitters? We are going to be at a vacation rental flat, so no hotel sitting service for ussad

drinkyourmilk Thu 02-Jan-14 06:54:45

Not heard of them. Doesn't mean they aren't reputable though. I'm sure you can ask them for references. Which area of London will you be in? Then we can make suggestions for local agencies if that would be helpful. Only a few days now. Bet you are getting excited!

arunano Thu 02-Jan-14 17:19:56

Thanks drinkyourmilk! I'll be in the piccadilly circus area! Yes... very excitedsmile

TeamSouthfields Sat 04-Jan-14 11:34:25

LIKEMINDERS COVER THAT AREA

OldRoan Sat 04-Jan-14 17:21:14

Another vote for Likeminders - I work for them (so possibly a vested interest), but they get bookings from families and hotels across London. They definitely cover the Central London area.

Fridayschild Sun 05-Jan-14 08:14:06

I would suggest Sitters as well. All registered with OFSTEd, I think, which is a government body. We have used them both locally and elsewhere in the UK when staying at hotels.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now