This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Where to look for an au pair - good agencies?

(11 Posts)
pandia Wed 18-Dec-13 16:32:17

I'm looking for an au pair to start in the spring - no idea of the best places to look for someone good. Can anyone recommend any good agencies or contacts that you've had positive experiences with? Thank you

freckledleopard Wed 18-Dec-13 16:33:56

Whereabouts in the country are you OP?

BerylStreep Wed 18-Dec-13 16:34:54

I might know of 2 Italian sisters who may be looking for jobs wink

pandia Wed 18-Dec-13 17:11:39

I'm in Hampshire in the new forest

WaitingForPeterWimsey Mon 23-Dec-13 21:16:39

Child care international were good but you always pay an agency fee of course. I'f you want to avoid that you can recruit yourself on ap world.

Child care international are a member of BAPAA - the uk parent body for ap agencies - if you go to their page there is a list of member agencies and you can see if there is one near you.

BoffinMum Mon 23-Dec-13 21:28:39

Cherish Childcare are excellent.

If you pay an AP directly, how do you sort out their tax, NI contributions etc?

Katiejon Wed 08-Jan-14 22:49:58

I believe they receive pocket money as opposed to a wage.
They therefoee don't pay tax etc.
I use Montrose in Edgware, London.

circlebeginning Thu 09-Jan-14 15:51:58

Bunters. Really helpful and we've had a wonderful au pair through them. She cares about both sides the au pair and the parents which I think makes a big difference.

JayPee631 Thu 09-Jan-14 19:39:40

I'm in Worcestershire - anyone know of an agency local to here/Birmingham?

HomerPigeon Thu 09-Jan-14 20:23:00

Another MNer recommended Richmond and Twickenham Au Pairs to me and I have got the most fantastic AP. We are in Surrey. Despite the name, Richmond and Twickenham Au Pairs places APs all over the country. In fact the woman I dealt with (Karen) is based in the Midlands. Agency fee was quite reasonable as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now