This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny/sitter watching one child versus two - costs?

(5 Posts)
Mamabear12 Sun 17-Nov-13 20:35:48

Hello. I am curious, about costs for watching two kids. I have a toddler who is 21 months and newborn baby 3 weeks. I understand separately, we would pay our nannies/sitters to watch 10 pounds an hour. How much if we want them to watch both? My husband said it should be the same - but in my opinion it is more work! So wouldnt we pay more? What are the costs to watch two kids?

Cindy34 Sun 17-Nov-13 20:38:38

No difference in my view. Though I would make sure the sitter/nanny was used to caring for newborns.

Cindy34 Sun 17-Nov-13 20:41:25

The nanny works exclusively for your family so cares for any children in your family. If they have been with you a while then they will have known you were pregnant and thus will be expecting to care for baby at some point following babies birth.

Yes it is more work but that's part of the job. You could compensate by giving a pay rise at the annual pay review, if you are in a position to do so.

Mamabear12 Sun 17-Nov-13 21:01:10

Oh really no difference? That would be great! We don't have a regular nanny. Just someone we get a few times a week when needed, and is trained for newborns. She watched our first a few days/nights a week when a new born. So we trust she knows what she is doing. She is the reason our first got into good sleeping habits.

Blondeshavemorefun Sun 17-Nov-13 22:11:21

No diff. A nanny/bs will look after several children for same money as one - as long as same family - if two families then yes should be paid a little more as costs are shared between you both

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now