This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Sick Pay

(5 Posts)
toffeesponge Tue 12-Nov-13 13:09:35

My contracts always stated SSP but in practice for the 2 or 3 days off that I had off sick in the whole of my career I had full pay. This was due to not taking the piss about being ill and being a very good nanny. All employers should only state SSP in their contracts as there will be nannies who take fake days off if they know they will still get full pay.

GoldiChops Tue 12-Nov-13 12:54:21

I have 10 days at full pay then ssp kicks in. I've only used a couple over the past couple of years though, only when the kids have given me d and v!

Blondeshavemorefun Mon 11-Nov-13 23:35:57

Always had sick pay in mine - wouldn't sign a contract without it - but I have only used it 7yrs ago when had a blood clot and had 3 weeks off work

Cindy34 Mon 11-Nov-13 21:49:54

Not in contract but in reality on the rare occasion I have had a sick day I still got paid.

Some contract templates give provision for a certain number of days per year of paid sick days before SSP kicks in. Never personally had that though.

yabuandyouknowit Mon 11-Nov-13 21:38:49

Hi, could I just ask any nannies if they receive sick pay (other than statutory)? My proposed contract with my new employer is quite different to my old one so just wondered what the norm was.
Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now