Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Cost of nanny with own DC in NW6?

(6 Posts)
coveredinflour Sun 13-Oct-13 09:03:43

Hello wise Mumsnetters!

Does anyone know the going rate for a nanny with her own DC in NW London (queens park)? It would be 3 days a week of roughly 10 hours with two 1yo DCs (one nanny's and one client's).

Am considering going down this route myself (have some nannying experience from long ago) and have a family who are interested but need to do a bit of number crunching first.

Any help gratefully received!

november12mum Sun 13-Oct-13 10:39:51

Hi,I'm doing the same as you are planning to,and I am very close to queens park,it's the same pay as a nanny share,depends how you agree with the other family as the chores will only get done in your employer's house,so maybe slightly more.

coveredinflour Sun 13-Oct-13 10:42:05

Thanks! How much are you expecting to get if you don't mind my asking?

Cindy34 Sun 13-Oct-13 10:42:12

I would guess that £300 gross per week is possible. Not sure what nanny salaries are in that area but I guess £12+ per hour would not be unusual, so taking your own child drops that a bit (not everyone agrees with that) so £10 gross sounds possible.

However it really depends on what the parents want to pay, they need to look at their budget and come up with an annual gross salary, then that could be paid per month (suggested) or week (can be costly doing payroll as more payslips).

Parents should keep in mind that they will have Employers National Insurance to pay, plus payroll admin fee unless they work in payroll and feel they want to run their own paye scheme.

There are some great posts on here about the costs of employing a nanny, have a look though the many pages of this section of Mumsnet.

november12mum Sun 13-Oct-13 14:56:42

You're looking at anything from £7.50 gross per hour upwards,depending on your qualifications/experience.
It may sound low but not a lot of employers are keen to pay more then nanny share price,especially as it takes a massive leap of trust in taking someone with own child.Unless it's the family you were working previously.

Alexa007 Mon 14-Oct-13 22:12:03

I pay my nwoc £9.80gross in high barnet

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now