Note: Please bear in mind that this is a discussion board, not a place to advertise childcare vacancies or recruit childminders/nannies etc. We don't mind the odd mumsnet regular mentioning that they're looking for a job/mindee (although you're probably better off in MN Local) but repeated job "ads" and posts from nanny/babysitting agencies aren't fair to people who are paying for small business ads. Do feel free to report any you see. Thanks, MNHQ.

Please help me draw up a contract - e.g what do I do about unborn baby?

(5 Posts)
NewEmployerOfNanny Sat 12-Oct-13 21:16:35

Lots of the sample contracts I have found talk about listing the names and ages at signing of contract of children under whose charge it will be.
I am pregnant - what do I do about the unborn baby?
Add a later date?

Also any way to put an incentive for nanny not to be off sick? (obvs sometime can't be avoided but would like to discourage sickies)
Read about that somewhere but not sure how to phrase.

Any other pointers VERY gratefully received.

hettienne Sat 12-Oct-13 21:26:55

I wouldn't bother with ages. "Nanny to care for Jimmy Smith, Jenny Smith and all subsequent born or adopted Smith children" was the wording in one of my contracts.

The only way you can discourage sickies is not to include sick pay in the contract - SSP only.

JugglingChaotically Sat 12-Oct-13 21:40:55

That's what I did too. Named DCs And any subsequent DCs during employment period
As to sick. Stat minimum only.
Made it clear in interview that that was all that was available as I would have to take unpaid leave to cover.
In reality have paid most sick leave but better to retain option.
Most of our nannies have been amazing at coming in even when sick. I always appreciate their efforts and said to do the minimum, allow DCs more TV etc

Lonecatwithkitten Sun 13-Oct-13 17:36:26

Actually there is a way to discourage sickness in a 'carrot fashion' - you offer a bonus after 12 months for less than so many days of uncertified sickness. You build in that if they self certify for the first 7 days and are then signed off by a doctor these do not affect the bonus. The figure I have used is £300 for 5 or less self certified days.

NomDeClavier Sun 13-Oct-13 17:38:17

I'd just leave it as SSP. Agree Woking the wording about subsequent children - some example contracts definitely have that in there. In fact if it doesn't cover that eventuality I'd wonder what else it doesn't cover!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now