This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

how do i get ofsted registered as a nanny

(5 Posts)
bigdonna Sun 06-Oct-13 21:07:58

hi i have just moved house i am a registered cm and was a nanny for 16yrs .i have now decided i would like to nanny two days a week and not go back to childminding does anyone know how i would go about getting registered as a nanny thanks in advance

NomDeClavier Sun 06-Oct-13 21:47:59

1. Make sure you have a suitable qualification (your CM one may or may not meet requirements - if you have a level 2 or 3 you should be fine)
2. Make sure you have in date paediatric 1st Aid, again if you just stopped CMing you may be fine
3. Get nanny insurance
4. Fill in the form on the Govt gateway site and pay OFSTED £103 to register on the vOCR
5. Possibly pay to have a new DBS check, although OFSTED may accept your previous one
6. Wait a randomly determined period of time for your application to be processed

nannynick Sun 06-Oct-13 21:48:21

Is your Ofsted registration as a childminder still valid - ie. have you paid your last invoice and not told Ofsted that you are no longer childminding?
If so, then contact Ofsted and see if they can change your registration from Childminder (so both parts of the childcare register) to Home Child Carer (just part B of the childcare register). The fee is different, so I would expect you will be invoiced for the new fee but you may not need to do anything else as Ofsted will have records of other things such as CRB check, training including first aid.
You will need to contact your public liability insurance provider to inform them of the change in circumstances, that may mean a change in the policy fee.

If you have resigned as a childminder (ie sent your certificate back to Ofsted) then you will need to start the registration process from scratch.
Registration is done online. [url=http://nannynick.com/ofsted-registration/unofficial-guide-to-nanny-ofsted-registration-2013/]Guide to completing the registration form[/url].

nannynick Sun 06-Oct-13 21:50:02
bigdonna Mon 07-Oct-13 20:11:13

thanks ladies i still have my registration as i was planning on childminding but have now decided that i will nanny for two days .i may not even need to be registered just trying to think ahead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now