This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Nanny or aupair?

(5 Posts)
Dance2532 Sat 05-Oct-13 18:20:52

Hello I've never needed help making decisions before but feel like I need to ask for more advice on this one.

As a child myself I had a bad experience with my Childcare provider and now going back to work seems like a very stressful situation. All I want is the best for my two dcs.

So we have a spare room in our house in Hampton hill and know that the cheapest option would be an aupair but the nanny option seems safer.

Does anyone have any advice or know anyone who they would trust their own children with?

Thanks

nbee84 Sat 05-Oct-13 18:36:04

What age are your children? How many hours do you need?

An aupair usually works around 25 hours a week and looks after children of school age. If you need more hours than that and your children are still young, then you'd be better off with a nanny.

Cindy34 Sat 05-Oct-13 19:00:42

Age of children, working hours, what would you expect the person to be doing during their working time?

Do you have room for someone to live in your home and do you want someone living in your home?

OutragedFromLeeds Sat 05-Oct-13 21:48:32

It depends massively on the age of your children.

An au pair cannot do full time childcare. If you only need before/after school then an au pair is an option. If you need more than that you need a nanny.

TeamSouthfields Sun 06-Oct-13 14:43:10

au pairs, don't normally look after under 4's.... they normally only do before and after school care

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now