This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Childminder question

(3 Posts)
rockybalboa Sun 22-Sep-13 18:34:53

I sent out about 12 emails to local childminders on Wed last week using email addresses from the Council's list. Looking for a place from Easter. Only two have replied so far (to say no vacancies). When is it reasonable for me to start phoning round to chase people up? Childminders are in v high demand here so not expecting any to have spaces to be honest but I do need to know. And when I do phone, what is the best time to call? In the evening after their charges have gone or during work hours?

Thanks.

minderjinx Sun 22-Sep-13 19:12:10

I think you will find most childminders have their own children, so best to avoid bath/story/bed time or late evening calls. I have my mobile with me during the day and I don't mind people calling but don't always answer if I am doing something important such as changing a nappy or driving, but I always call back if people leave a voicemail or text.

minderjinx Sun 22-Sep-13 19:12:48

Oh and forgot to wish you luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now