This topic is for discussing childcare options. If you want to advertise, please use your Local site.

Silly question

(8 Posts)
Blondeshavemorefun Fri 20-Sep-13 07:06:54

Anyone should be able to get a mortgage if employed and shows pay slips of what they earn

Obv salary depends what you will be lent - some banks do 3 or 5 times a salary

Others will lend more or give a better rate of interest if you have a large deposit

When I got my mortgage 14yrs ago we put down 12.5% deposit so bank have is a good low rate as we were of less risk

NomDeClavier Thu 19-Sep-13 21:24:32

Absolutely no reason why not. As others have said contract and payslips will be necessary just like any other employee.

NomDeClavier Thu 19-Sep-13 21:24:10

Absolutely no reason why not. As others have said contract and payslips will be necessary just like any other employee.

LovelyNanny26 Thu 19-Sep-13 21:22:26

Im only doing 12 percent deposit.Its not only me doing it but my partner too.Its a joint mortgage

Cindy34 Thu 19-Sep-13 20:28:51

FCA: responsible lending - links to a handbook for those in financial industry. May be worth reading to get a feel for what lenders will take into account.

If you feel your situation is complicated, such as multiple part time jobs, then consider going to a mortgage broker, as they can look at various lenders.

Cindy34 Thu 19-Sep-13 20:21:50

As long as you can prove income and have a contract of employment, most lenders should be happy. You will also need a big deposit these days.

Affordability is a factor these days, you will need several months of bank statements to show what you spend.

NannyR Thu 19-Sep-13 20:09:56

Of course! You are an employee with payslips to show. No different to any other job.

LovelyNanny26 Thu 19-Sep-13 19:56:00

Can nannies get a mortgage?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now